So Aspen has been singing Christmas songs ALL month. ALL day. Never mind that she rarely gets ALL the words right, she knows the tunes, and the chorus, and that's what counts. Tonight she was singing:
You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout I'm telling you why, Santa Claus is coming to town. He see's you when he WANTS to...and so on. We burst out laughing. I guess she has the right idea at least. He does see us when he WANTS to.
Then she requested to sing Oh little town of bethlement.
I love when they are just learning, and say funny things. It's so much fun. Tonight was the Call family Christmas Eve get together. We eat yummy food...bread bowls, finger foods, appetizers, and sit around and visit, then Grandpa Call usually reads the Christmas Story to us and we sit around and sing carols. It's a lot of fun. But this year everyone left early except My two sister in laws, and my mother in law of course, and Ashton and I. It was a little depressing. But we stayed and read the Christmas Story with Aspen, my mother in law, and sister in laws. After all...isn't that what Christmas is about? It's sad when we get too busy, or in too much of a hurry to stop and remember what this season is really about. Celebrating Christ in our lives. I hope I never forget to stop and give the REASON for the SEASON some time.
I have a belief in Christ. I am eternally thankful to him for his sacrifice so that I could be forgiven of my many wrong doings. And I wouldn't trade anything for the comfort and peace that this Gospel...HIS Gospel, gives to me. It's everything in this world that actually means something and holds value for me. I'm so blessed to have the knowlege of HIM that I do. I KNOW he lives, I KNOW he loves me, and I KNOW that it is BECAUSE of HIM that we can all return to live with our Heavenly Father and loved ones again someday.
Merry Christmas Everyone.
Miss you Daddy...as always!
1 comment:
Aww :) Cute girl.
Your enduring love and remembrance of your father is heartwarming.
Happy holidays, friend.
Post a Comment