Thursday, March 13, 2008

When will she stop growing so fast!

Okay my friends. I am on my knees. I admit it, as much as I don't like to...I NEED HELP!! When is Aspen going to stop being smarter than I am? Today she grabbed Ashtons fave and faced him towards her and said "Listen to me, listen to me" just like she was the parent. Then today, she wrapped her little arms around my neck when I was putting her to bed, and said "Come here" because she wanted me to get into her bed with her. THEN, tonight she figured out how to climb OUT OF HER BED!!! ahhh!! I've been dreading this day! I didn't want her to learn this trick. So now it is 11:30 at night, and I have a little girl that keeps crawling out of her bed, and opening her door and coming out. Now I would lock the door, but I need a different lock. She can unlock this one. Sooo. my question to you is...how do you get them to sleep in there bed??? This is going to drive me insane I can tell. Well, happy sleeping everyone!

5 comments:

Brittney said...

Ohh I am so nervous for when my little boy starts getting out of bed! I just got a blog aub totally talked me into it! Come check it out! mbpack.blogspot.com

Adam and Aubrey said...

I am terrified for that time. I have no idea what to do. What do you do? Lock them in? I think my friend turned her knob the other way on their door, so you could lock from the outside. YIKES. I'm not excited for growing up. It's hard for me to outsmart a 1 year old, let alone any older!
(and I totally peer pressured my sister into getting a blog, wahoo me)

paulak said...

It is insane how they seem to be so stinkin smart, and half the time you don't even know where they learn things from. Good luck with the bed thing. Kya is learning that she can get out of bed. But so far, she only gets out when she is sick or "sad". I love you too, it would be great if we could live near by, huh? I bet Aspen and Kya would have so much fun being "girls" together. I miss you!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

When she gets out of bed, you tell her the first time that she needs to stay in her bed and go to sleep because it's bedtime. If she gets out again from then on, don't say a word to her, just escort her back to her room and tuck her in, and walk out of the room. As long as you don't say a word, but keep bringing her back to her bed, she will get the message. If you tell why you are doing this everytime, she might get more upset each time. I actually saw this off the SUPER NANNY show, and it totally works with Ethan! You can do this with "Time outs" as well!

We had to lock Ethan's door for the first few nights, but after that, he knows if he gets out of bed twice, the door gets locked! UHHHHH...Good luck!

Jon said...

handcuffs