Sunday, September 30, 2007

Toddler for Sale....


At least that's what I was thinking during sacrament meeting at church today when Aspen wouldn't hold still for 2 seconds, was litteraly stealing food from other kids, climbing underneath the benches, and flopping herself down like a beached wale when I would try to hold onto her arm to pull her BACK into our seats. No matter what tactics we tried today, she was DETERMINED to drive us nuts. So I decided since it was fast Sunday and I needed to bare my testimony anyway, to start out my testimony with, "sooo, I just wanted to let you all know that we have decided to let our daughter go wherever she'd like during sacrament to make it easier on us. If you happen to look down and see a little one beneath your bench, under your feet, feel free to pick her up, point her in our direction, and we will do our best to catch her on her way back...We just might get to listen every now and then this way." Ha ha...seriously this is what happens anyway. The people at church reach under there bench, find Aspen, pick her up, let her eat whatever snacks they may have, and then she's off to someone else. Try as we might to feed her the snacks we brought, they just aren't good enough for her, and she lets us know in the very best LOUD voice she can. I really do bring the EXACT same snacks other people have...what can I say? She's a ham. If you can't read what that "funny" up there says, it says "The minute I find a decent spot on the beach, somebody drags me back onto the water!" That's how I imagine she feels sometimes when we make her come back and sit with us. So seriously...if you are looking for a toddler for sale...(You'll probably have to look somewhere else...who else is going to make us laugh at the end of the day?)

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

You'll have to teach me how to put pics at the top of my blog. One of my other friends has pics up there, just like yours... I think it's cute.

Good luck with Aspen. She's quite a character isn't she?

Felicia said...

Dillon was the EXACT same way yesterday. It must be in the air.

I've always thought that at the beginning of sacrament meeting, the bishop should make an announcement and have everyone pass their diaper bag back a row. Then your kid will get to play with the bag from the row ahead, which is what they really want anyway, right?

Oh, and it doesn't matter what snack you bring, the one from the next bench is ALWAYS better!

paulak said...

I love it! It is so entertaining to watch kids push their parents buttons and see how far they can push. Of course when its my own, its a different story. Kya just loves to dance and sing during church meetings. Hang in there!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Hey! It's Jon,Jamie,and Ethan Gardner!
I love to read your blogs! Ethan went through the whole crawling under benches phase! HOpefully she will grow out of it soon like Ethan did!
Sometimes I call my mom and ask if she'd like to babysit Ethan..like RIGHT NOW! I'd send him first class somedays....but then he just gives me that cute look and I just end up sending him to time out instead of to a different State!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

visit our blog at http://gardnertreeo.blogspot.com